A conservative option for replacing big fillings.
Since they require so little tooth removal, these procedures are considered some of the most conservative options to restore broken or decayed big amalgam fillings. The placement of a crown requires a significant amount of tooth removal, which may not be necessary to address your concerns.
Advantages of inlays and onlays include:
- Requires minimal tooth removal.
- Maintains maximum tooth integrity.
- Provides sufficient bite force resistance.
- Bonds to the tooth, seals off and protects against recurring decay.
- Functions and looks like your natural teeth.